Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fashion Icon:Jennifer Lopez


I have done two previous post about some of my fashion and beauty inspirations. I am very mad at myself for not having already done this post. Jennifer Lopez is by far my Fashion Icon. I was not at all surprised when she was named People magazines "Most beautiful" She is such a gorgeous person.

 I have been a HUGE J.Lo fan ever since she got the role in "Selena". I was a big Selena fan so when I found out the Jennifer Lopez was picked to play Selena I, like many Selena fans, was a little hesitant to the idea. But she blew me away and I became a huge fan of Miss Jenny Lo. Not only is she an amazing actress, but she sings and has her own perfumes and clothing line.


When she came out with her clothing line JLO, no joke I ran to my nearest Macy's to buy her clothes. I owned a lot of her jeans, t-shirts with her JLO logo, and other clothing pieces from the brand. It was a very casual everyday type of clothing brand. I also bought JLO Glow her first perfume and Still. Still to this day is still one of my favorite scents but they seemed to have stopped making it :( 



When her first clothing brand came out, I didn't run out to buy  it simply because it had her logo stamped on it, I wanted to wear her clothes because I loved her style. I still love her style. Jennifer, in my eyes, is a fashion icon. I love that she takes risks on the red carpet. Sometimes when she comes out, I think to myself, "Only she can pull that look out." She just has that confidence that pulls an outfit or gown together.




But there are the times where she appears on a red carpet and Jenny looks breath-taking. Here are some of my all time favorite red carpet looks from Ms. Lopez
Jennifer Lopez at the Grammy's, I mean look at those shoes! To die for

one of my all time favorite Jlo red carpet looks from the Oscars.
 I have never really been a big American Idol fan but of course I watched this past year because she was one of the judges LOL, Every week I honestly watched to see what she was wearing, how her hair was going to be styled, and what makeup look she would be using. And every week I was never disappointed. She is just flawless.


Everyone always talks about Jennifer's famous "J.Lo glow" that we all try to have ourselves. She even made a perfume with that name. But Jennifer does always have a glow to her. Her hair and makeup are always on point too. She seems to always accentuate her eyes. She does a lot of looks with nice dramatic eyes with long lashes and nude glossy lips. I also love that she doesn't seem to wear tons and tons of makeup. And her hair...I wish I had it lol just kidding. Right now especially she is doing the "ombre" sort of look and it looks amazing on her. I think I like her with lighter hair, its sort of a light golden brown color.



"Jenny from the Block" was a single she did where she talked about her still being the same girl from the Bronx. Although, I know she is not the same girl, she is also a girl that when not on the red carpet she like comfort yet stylish clothes

I am also very excited for her clothing brand that just came out for Kohl's, I saw some pieces online and they look nice. Can't wait to see them in person

I consider Jennifer Lopez a role model to a lot of young girls, she has accomplished a lot in her career and being one of the first Latina's to over step boundaries in Hollywood. I admire her for her talent, her motivation and her style! 

Hope you enjoyed! Sorry for the picture overload, I couldn't choose just one!

All pictures were used from People.com
:)

xoxo J

No comments:

Post a Comment