Monday, October 18, 2010

My Five Minute Face

I am a huge fan of "What Not to Wear". On the show there is a makeup artist named Carmindy who is the person that got me into makeup. She sorta invented the "Five minute face" and basically what it is, is a quick, simple, easy process to putting on makeup that accentuates your features. I do not exactly do everything that Carmindy does but this is my version. My five minute face is what I do in the mornings when I take out my dog for a walk, when I have to run quick errands, or when I am in a rush for time. This is not my full makeup routine just my quickie ;)

Here are my products and tools that I use....



makeup



tools

First thing I use is my concealer, I use the MAC Studiofinish concealer in the color NW30. I use either my finger to apply it or my Essence of Beauty concealer brush. I apply it underneath my eyes, (I have bad dark circles) areas where I have redness and any dark spots.

Next, I use the Posh Kabuki brush to apple my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in the color Medium Plus.I love, love this brush. I swirl it around my entire face and blend it to my neck.

After that, I use Nars Laguna bronzer with my Bare Minerals Flawless Face brush. I apply bronzer on my checks, forehead, a little on my chin and nose.

Then I use my MAC 168 shorthand brush to apply Nars Orgasm to the apples of my cheeks. (I adore this color blush.)

After blush, I highlight, (the most important part of the five minute face) I use my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Soft and Gentle. With my MAC 217 brush I swipe some under my eyebrow and on my inner circles of my eyes. Then with my Bare Minerals angled brush I make the letter C from my forehead to my check bones. I sometimes use this as an eyeshadow and put is as a base.

Next, I use my Ecotools angled eyebrow brush and my Maybelline ultra brow powder in the color dark brown, to fill in my eyebrows.

I also use a Revlon eyelash curler to curl my eyelashes since my eyelashes are not naturally cured.

And finally, I grab my Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm and put someon my lips, sometimes I put lip gloss but usually I simply wear my Lip Balm.

Here are some pictures of the end result (please excuse my hair, not looking very cute lol)

front



side

So that's it. Very simple. Very Easy. Very Quick. I don't really use a lot of products or tools either.
I hope this helps... :)  xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment