Thursday, June 2, 2011

Review: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss


I have watched a lot of makeup Youtube videos and  this has caused many makeup buys, sometimes they are hits and sometimes they are misses. I see Youtube as a QVC where you watch the beauty gurus talk about a product for several minutes and you suddenly are convinced that you NEED what they have. Well, I have found a huge hit and they are the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipglosses.
Several Youtube gurus have raved about the lip glosses, so I ran to my Walgreens and bought two because there was a buy 1 get one half off deal, so I had to get two..right? :)  I was instantly satisfied with my purchases. I loved the texture, the colors, the lasting power, the packaging, and the price.

I was very unsure which colors to get. The first two colors I bought were Shine City (a clear, glittery color) and Pink Pursuit (a glittery, neutral, soft pink color). I chose these colors because Shine City was a safe color that would go on top of any pretty lipstick. And the reason I got Pink Pursuit is because I saw that if your purchased this particular color proceeds went to Breast Cancer research, and I am a sucker for anything that helps with the fight against cancer.



Left: Shine City
Right: Pink Pursuit

I loved the first colors so much that I went back and got 'Pink Pop' (a bright, rose, pink color) I am totally a neutral girl but I love wearing Pink pop with a neutral eye. Its a great color to mix with lighter toned pink lipsticks. Great color to add to any ones collection.
And recently, I saw someone wearing the prettiest coral, pink color on her lips and I found out that it was 'Coral-Reef'. I went to my CVS and got the last one that they had. It seems that coral, peachy pink color is in for Spring and Summer. I absolutely LOVE this color, its a bright, peachy pink color that is simply gorgeous!


Left: Pink Pop
Right: Coral Reef
 Here are some swatches:


Left to Right: Coral Reef, Pink Pop, Pink Pursuit, Shine City

Shine City: Clear, glittery color


Pink Pursuit: Light, neutral, pink, shimmery color

Pink Pop: Bright pink glossy color

Coral Reef: Pink, peach, glossy color

Overall, I 100% recommend these lip glosses. I am a sucker for packaging and I love the packaging on these lip glosses, they look expensive, and actually remind me of Chanel lip glosses. I love the texture because it is not sticky and they leave a great glossy finish. The price for these is a total steal. I believe they are around $7.99 each but almost all the time they have good deals on the like BOGO. So if you are looking for a good quality, inexpensive lip gloss the Revlon Super Lustrous Lip glosses are a must!




Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo J

No comments:

Post a Comment