Monday, December 27, 2010

Fashion/Makeup Inspiration: Tiffany D




I recently did a blog post about one of my fashion inspiration/icon Ms. Kim Kardashian, and I plan on writing many of these types of posts. Today I chose my favorite YouTube Makeup Guru Tiffany D. I stumbled upon one of Tiffany's videos a couple months back, and I instantly became a fan.



When you watch one of Tiffany's tutorials, she makes it so easy to comprehend and actually do the looks yourself. I have personally learned so MUCH from watching her videos.When Tiffany does a specific look (for example: Holiday Emerald look or Pink look) she gives you a good description of the colors that she uses and she gives you options and names of colors or brands you can use. She also does review, hauls, and favorites videos. I love that Tiffany uses high end brands such as YSL but one of her favorite lipsticks is from Loreal, a drugstore brand. I trust her advise and recommendations.

Tiffany D has done some 'Outfit of the Day' and I have to say she has amazing style. It's simple yet very chic. I love her necklaces, usually from Target. I literally want to run out to Target as soon as her video is done and purchase the necklaces that she wears. She always wears these bracelet watches from Guess and I loved them so much I bought one that was similar.


Photo credit: Tiffany D
I know there are A LOT of gurus on YouTube, some who have become so popular and even famous that they have changed. I believe that Tiffany has been making videos since August of 2008 and she has (as of right now)  273,795 subscribers. She is a regular girl who loves makeup and enjoys making videos on YouTube. 
I also follow her on twitter and I have asked her for some advise such as which MAC concealer is better, she said MAC studiofinish, so I gave it a try and I absolutely love it. Tiffany has (as of right now) 51,336 followers on twitter and I am very sure that she gets a lot of people asking her questions, but I love that she responds. I have tweeted her several times and she has almost always responded. She is so nice and down to earth. I appreciate her responding to me and other people on twitter, Youtube, and her blog.

Recently I attempted to recreate one of her Tutorials the Holiday Emerald Eyes Makeup Tutorial  and sent Tiffany a picture of it (my poor attempt) through twitter.  She actually responded and said how "gorgeous" it was. I thought that was very nice of her :)

My attempt

Tiffany D Holiday Emerald look
Photo Credit: Tiffany D
 I am so happy that I happened to stubble upon her videos. She is great at what she does, a super sweet girl, and on of my Makeup/ Fashion inspiration's.

Please check her out on Youtube, Blogger, and Twitter
http://www.youtube.com/user/MakeupByTiffanyD
http://makeupbytiffanyd.blogspot.com
http://www.twitter.com/tiffanyld

xoxo J


Photo Credit: Tiffany D from http://makeupbytiffanyd.blogspot.com/
Except for my picture

4 comments:

  1. She's my favorite Youtube guru as well! She's got a really likable personality and I just love all of her tutorials!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been watching Tiffany for years! She is actually the first guru I found and I will always watch her! I have subscribed and unsubscribed to several gurus but Tiffany is a keeper:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Savannah you are right! She has a very likable personality! Thank you for reading and leaving a comment :)

    @LaMiche29 I have watched a lot of gurus and get bored of them but I ALWAYS watch Ms Tiffany she really is a keeper lol. Thank you for reading and commenting :) means a lot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the make up! Really pretty! :) Hope I can do some DIY on myself too :(

    ReplyDelete