Thursday, December 23, 2010

Makeup Haul: Wet N' Wild, NYX, OPI, & Essie

Hello! I'm so excited about this post because I have been wanting to post it as soon as I purchased all of these items! I purchased all these items in this past week, at a Beauty Supply store, Rite Aide and my new obsession...ULTA.

I have heard people rave and talk about an eyeshadow from the drugstore brand Wet N' Wild called Nutty. And I thought it was Nutty that I had never heard about it before. I was at my local Rite Aide, and as always I go through the makeup aisles to see if they have any good deals, and I noticed that Wet N' Wild was 40% off! To start off the brand is very cheap and I couldn't resist so I got the Nutty. I loved it so much that I went back the next day and purchased more eyeshadows plus 2 cream eyeshadow pencils.

I will start with the eyshadows...

From Left to Right: Sugar, Nutty, Penny, Kitten, and Envy

I am so surprised with the quality of these eyeshadows. The colors are so rich, bright, highly pigmented, and just really good! For a drugstore brand this is a great deal! The price is $1.99 and I got them 40% off. Highly recommend you go out and purchase these eyeshadows! They are great colors and good price!

Here are some swatches...
With flash.
 Same order as above: Sugar, Nutty, Penny, Kitten, and Envy

No Flash
Next are the cream shadow pencils:

Top: Envy
Bottom: Techno
I like to use base colors over eyeshadows and since I was going to purchase the eyeshadow colors Envy and Kitten I figured I needed base colors for them. They are really bright, rich, and smooth. So far I like them. The glide on nicely. I am very pleased with this purchase. :)


with flash

no flash
I have been to Ulta before, back where I used to live, but I recently went to the Ulta at West Hollywood and I fell in love! They has great costumer service, and I was so surprised with the variety of brands and beauty products. I wanted to go check out NYX. I have heard great things about this drugstore brand so I had to see for myself. I purchased 2 jumbo eye pencils in the colors Pure Gold and French Fries

The colors are honestly super gorgeous. I already wore French Fries and its so rich and dark. I can't wait to wear Pure Gold! They last all day and they also glide on nicely.

Here are the swatches...

with flash
Left to Right: Pure Gold and French Fries

No flash
I also purchased a nailpolish at Ulta. It is the brand Essie in the color Shifting Power. A gorgeous gold color

My last purchase came from a local beauty supply store where they sold OPI nailpolishes. I went in to see if they had any glitter colors left from the OPI holiday Burlesque collection. They did not have the actual color I wanted (Bring on the Bling) but I found and bought this one instead...

OPI: Sparkle-icious
It is a purple, gold, and hints of blue glittery color. I LOVE it! Favorite glitter color so far! Here is the end result...
I watch a girl on YOUTUBE named Lorraine, she does a day in the life videos and also has a beauty channel...anyways she always paints her nails with one accent nail and I used these 2 colors to make my own



That is my haul! I hope you enjoyed it. I recommend everything I purchase especially the Wet N Wild eyeshadows which are on sale now!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment