Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Small Make-Up Collection and Storage

Hello Again!
I wanted to do a post about my own makeup collection and storage. I am a huge organizational freak, I love things to be nicely organized and put away.

Recently my boyfriend and I moved in together :-) Big change for me because I have shared a room, bathroom, and home with my huge family practically my entire life. The apartment we moved into is not too big and not too small, just right. Closet space is good except that my Lovey (that is what I call my boyfriend) owns soooooooo much clothes and shoes. So I had A LOT of organizing and storing to do once we moved in. We have a small walk in closet and I have one side while he has the other PLUS another closet in the spare room.

I had mentioned to my boyfriend that I have always wanted a vanity and one day we spotted a cute white one at Target. We didn't get it but every time we went to Target there it was. One day he finally said to get it with the matching stool. I don't remember the exact cost but with the stool I believe it was about $200.
As you can see to your right, we love Mickey Mouse and we have a small collection of Mickey's lol.
Anyways, I have this corner in our bedroom that is as my Lovey calls it "my area" In "my area" I have my vanity and a small shelf that we also purchased at Target. I store books and picture frames as well as my Belle (from Beauty and the Beast) collection. The stool opens up and I store miscellaneous things inside of it.

 The only things that I keep on top of the vanity is a place mat, a mirror and my makeup brushes. I have a black place mat because the vanity is white and with makeup it tends to get dirty. The mirror lights up and magnifies. I use it mainly when I put makeup on and for eyebrow tweezing lol. My makeup brushes are all stored in an office pencil holder that I got at Target. I used flower fill from a craft store to put inside and keep the brushes up, just like at Sephora. :)

The vanity has one drawer and it actually is good in length, width and depth

It came with partitions and it has slots to put them in but I only use one. As you can see in the picture above, I also store my jewelry in the drawer.  
The jewelry organizer I purchased at Bed Bath and Beyond and its perfect for bracelets, I want another one that matches the one I already have which stores rings and earrings and stacks as well.

 I also have two hooks to the right of the vanity where I hang my long necklaces.

Now, I do not have a huge makeup collection like many girls do, I consider it small lol. I was watching one of my favorite YouTube gurus Tiffany D and she had a video about storage and organization. She talked about these plastic, stakable containers that she found at Target and when I saw them I just had to get them. Well I went to my local Target and no luck! I kept looking for them for like a month and finally one day I found and got them :) They are the best thing ever!!! They fit perfectly in my drawer and they stack!

You can kinda see in the picture above, it's one big container at the bottom and smaller ones on top. For my size collection this was just perfect, I do want to go back and try to get more :)




I also have white containers that were also purchased at my favorite store Target. The white containers are also stackable,they hook onto each other, and they are very convenient. I use the white containers for hair goodies and misc.things.



Right: lip products

middle: eye products and blushes

Left: Face products

Bottom: Eye palettes, MSFs, mascara's, concealers, and lip glosses.
Well that's it, my little collection :) BTW the containers can be found at Target in the aisle where they sell kitchen utensil containers.

Hope you enjoyed.

xoxo J

1 comment:

  1. would you ever consider selling for a price higher than you paid!??

    ReplyDelete